“I gain so much more than I could ever give.”
- Sara Nuñez, Volunteer
Christopher House volunteers make a tremendous impact on the lives of the children and families that we serve. When you volunteer at Christopher House you help your community while gaining skills and meeting new people. We need reliable, enthusiastic, compassionate, and dedicated volunteers to serve in our programs. Think that you have the skills and drive to be a Christopher House volunteer? Check out the sections below to learn more and get started.
Want to volunteer with Christopher House on a regular basis? Check out the Ongoing Volunteers section.
Want to volunteer at Christopher House from time to time? Check out the Special Event Volunteers section.
Ongoing volunteers are a valuable resource at Christopher House and are essential to our programs. Follow these steps to learn more and apply to be an ongoing volunteering.
- Review our volunteer position descriptions. Is there a position that matches your skills and interests? Are you available for the listed time(s) and location(s)? Do you meet the volunteer requirements?
- Fill out the Ongoing Volunteer Application. You will receive a confirmation email when you submit your application.
- Email the Volunteer Coordinator to schedule an interview: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Prior to your interview re-review the volunteer positions (positions are subject to changed based upon program need) and read the Volunteer Handbook.
- Attend your interview. Please come prepared with questions. This interview is an opportunity for you to ask any questions about Christopher House and for us to learn about you. We want to make sure that both sides feel like a good match is possible before continuing forward.
- If you are selected to move forward after the initial interview, you will be advised of the remaining requirements for your volunteer program of interest, such as additional interviews, training, orientation, background checks, etc. All volunteers who are 18 years or older must have a background check. Some volunteer positions require a medical report.
- Once you have successfully completed all requirements you can begin volunteering!
Highest need areas:
Youth Leadership Mentor
Adult ESL Tutor
School Age Tutor (high need at our Logan Square site)
Other ongoing opportunities:
Early Childhood Classroom Aide
Project Support Volunteer
Special Event Volunteers
Special event volunteers help make sure Christopher House events are successful! Fill out our Special Events Volunteer Application to receive notifications whenever we have a special event and need volunteers.
Special Event Opportunities
If you have any questions about our volunteer program, please contact:
Lindsey Baumgartner, Volunteer Coordinator